Fitting Instructions for French ID Compression Kit
1. Insert the large star nut into the handlebars from the bottom, entering the angled edge of the star nut first.
2. Continue to push the star nut up through the bars until there is approximately 5 - 10mm of clearance between the star nut and the top of the fork steerer when assembled.
3. Screw the aluminium tube onto the short threaded section of the main bar until it stops. Gently nip this up but do not over tighten.
4. Insert the steel bolt into the fork cap and screw this assembly into the aluminium tube. Again, apply enough torque to ensure the parts stay located together but do not over tighten.
5. Assemble the bars and forks onto the scooter, inserting the main compression kit assembly up inside the steerer of the forks from the bottom.
6. Screw the main bar assembly into the star nut by hand, then, using the steel bolt located underneath the forks, gently tighten the whole system until the headset has no play in the bearings (max torque: 5Nm). Once again excessive force is not required, the compression kit's function is only to pre-load the bearings and remove play, not as a structural device.
Please Note: Damage to the compression kit due to incorrect fitting will not be covered under warranty.